New York’s new rules for CBD: Food and drink OK, but not with alcohol or tobacco
New York state has issued new rules that will make it legal to manufacture and sell foods and drinks infused with CBD or other hemp extracts.
You can eat it or drink it, just not in a product that also contains alcohol or tobacco. You can vape it, but you can’t smoke the “flower” in a cigarette. You can use it in a dietary supplement or salve, but you can’t inject it, inhale it or use it in a skin patch.
These are among the new rules set out this week by New York state for the manufacture, sale and use of extracts from hemp, most notably the popular compound known as CBD, touted for its health benefits.
The rules, which have been eagerly awaited by the state’s cannabis industry for almost a year, create what are likely the strictest guidelines in the country for making and selling of CBD and other hemp extracts.
For the consumer, the biggest change is a clarification in the murky rules on edible and drinkable CBD. Since last summer, state regulators have declared CBD to be illegal in food or drink, but some products, especially those made out of state, have still made it to the shelves.
The new rules were set by the State Department of Health based a bill signed into law late last year. In addition to the ban on CBD and other extracts in alcoholic beverages, they include:
· No CBD product can be sold if it contains more than 0.3% THC (that’s the psychoactive agent that creates the “high” in marijuana, a relative of hemp).
· No individual food or beverage product can contain more than 25 miligrams of hemp-extracted cannabinoids per serving. (In supplements such as salves or tinctures, the product can contain up to 3,000 miligrams).
· Food and drink infused with CBD and other hemp extracts must be packaged by the manufacturer. Extracts cannot be added at the retail level (so a bakery, for example, can’t add them to a batch of brownies).
· CBD-infused products can’t be advertised or labeled as curing any specific diseases or ailments.
The new rules are welcome news for companies like Beak & Skiff Apple Orchards in LaFayette, which last year produced a CBD-infused Cold Brew Coffee but had to pull it from the shelves when state officials declared it illegal.
Now, Beak & Skiff will be ready to roll out the CBD coffee and a CBD Seltzer as soon as the new rules take effect, perhaps as soon as January, said company president Eddie Brennan. (Neither product contains alcohol).
“This is great news for Beak & Skiff as we prepare to enter that category (CBD),” Brennan said. Beak & Skiff earlier this year opened a Hemp House specifically designed to process hemp extract for its own products and for other companies.
“This is a great first step for a part of our business that we hope to grow in the future,” Brennan said.
For the state’s cannabis industry as whole, the rules set out procedures for growing and manufacturing and obtaining and paying for licenses. Those standards exceed those in most other states.
But most of New York’s roughly 700 hemp growers and many of its 100 or so processors welcome the rules. The New York Cannabis Growers and Processors Association lobbied for regulations that would make the state the standard-setter in the industry.
“This is the clear path going forward that we were hoping for, for the most part,” said Allan Gandelman, owner of Head + Heal, a Cortland hemp grower and processor and the president of the NYGPA.
The only major concern in the regulations is the ban on direct sale of hemp flower from farmers to consumers, which would have been a benefit to small growers, Gandelman said. “That’s one we weren’t expecting,” he said.
The NYGPA and its members have said they welcome the regulations in general to eliminate the “Wild West” atmosphere that has run through the market in recent years, particularly on the retail side.
“I think this is the strictest set of regulations in the country, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing,” said Kaelan Castetter, a cannabis entrepreneur who grows hemp and has a processing company in Binghamton. “It legitimizes the marketplace, and may help to clean out the bad actors.”
Initially, it may have the consequence of forcing many small processors to stop production in New York, he said. “In the short term, the fees and the compliance standards are going to create a burden for small companies,” he said.
Both Gandelman and Castetter believe that in the long run it will create a bigger, stronger cannabis/hemp/CBD industry in New York.
“It will eliminate a lot of the uncertainty and gray areas we’ve had until now,” Gandelman said. “Companies will be to invest knowing there are some solid guidelines to follow.”
The two sponsors of the hemp extracts bill on which the new rules are based, Assemblywoman Donna Lupardo, D-Binghamton and State Sen. Jen Metzger, D-Middletown, issued this statement today:
“With these regulations, we have the ability to create a consumer-friendly, national model,” Lupardo and Metzger said. “While we are still reviewing these regulations, we are happy with the inclusion of extracts in food and beverage.”
They also said they were concerned about the ban on the sale of hemp flower and encouraged people to participate in the 60-day public comment period. Comments will be taken by the Health Department through Jan. 11, 2021.
The new rules come a week after the administration of Gov. Andrew Cuomo indicated it would once again call for the legalization of recreational marijuana for adults. Cuomo will try to get that passed in the 2021-2022 state budget, which takes effect April 1.
Efforts to legalize adult-use marijuana have failed in the past two years, although the state did pass a decriminalization law that eliminates charges for low-level possession.
Don Cazentre writes for NYup.com, syracuse.com and The Post-Standard. Reach him at [email protected], or follow him at NYup.com, on Twitter or Facebook.
Note to readers: if you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we may earn a commission.
© 2021 Advance Local Media LLC. All rights reserved (About Us).
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local.
Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site.
New York’s new rules for CBD: Food and drink OK, but not with alcohol or tobacco New York state has issued new rules that will make it legal to manufacture and sell foods and drinks infused with
New You Review – Scam CBD Oils? Compensation Plan Explained
One of the questions that we need to take a look at is to see if a company that you can make money with is a scam or not.
We wouldn’t want to join a company just to get scammed out of the money, commissions and all the time that we put into it.
We are going to avoid joining a bad company by taking the time to research the companies information about the owner, the products, and the compensation plan.
We decided to take a closer look at the New You opportunity due to some of the excitement we have seen in the social networks we are part of.
With that said, let’s dig in and see what we can learn.
Table of Contents
New You Review – What Is It?
New You is an MLM company that gives you the ability to make money by selling the products that they offer and by referring people to the New You opportunity and by building a team.
The niche that I would consider the company to be in is the CBD oil niche.
The Company Overview
The company was founded by Ray and Daran Grimm and is based out of California in the United States.
Ray used to be the President and CEO of a company called Laguna Blends.
Laguna Blends was a hemp product and was promoted through the My Club 8 program.
For some reason, he was not the CEO anymore and just labeled as a consultant for the Laguna Blends company.
Daran actually started her MLM journey at the age of 17 when she joined Avon.
She eventually became one of the top-selling distributors in the MLM industry and also became a company owner.
Along with her husband Ray, they were able to build up to 3 million dollars in the health and wellness industry.
That is just a quick glimpse into the background of the owners to give you some of the experience they both have that pertains to the New You opportunity.
New You CBD Products Review
In this section of the review, we are going to share the information we found about the products that New You offers.
As you could have probably guessed by now, the main ingredient or product line that New You offers is CBD oil.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD Oil is an ingredient in marijuana that is non-intoxicating that is being created to help treat a variety of medical issues that people would usually take prescribed medication for.
Some of the issues that people take CBD oil for would be:
What Is The New You CBD Product Lineup?
According to the company website, they are claiming that the CBD oils use are 99.7% pure that are organically grown in the US, and THC free, meaning there are none of the “high” or intoxicating effects that normal THC or marijuana would affect you.
Here is the product lineup that New You offers:
- Drops- Drops is the main CBD oil that the company offers that you can drop under your tongue or in any of your favorite beverages you drink. Drops retail for $49 per bottle.
- Drops FX – Drops FX is their proprietary blend of water-soluble CannaBD PLUS with vitality-enhancing Vitamins B3, B6, B9 & B12. The Drops FX retails for $49 per bottle.
- CB2 -CB2 is a bit more concentrated form than Drops that offers more than 85 various cannabinoids and terpenes that is blended into Avocado Oil with a natural peppermint taste. The CB2 retails for $89 per bottle.
- Drops for Pets – The same thing as the Drops formulation but for pets. Drops for Pets retails for $29 per bottle.
- Absorb – Absorb is their appetite suppressing product that contains Japanese root that has been proven to absorb more than 200 times its weight in water. What it does is creates a sense of fullness while soaking up unwanted extra carbs and cholesterol in the process. Absorb retails for $80 per bottle.
- Release – Release is their detox product that will help you release toxins and other bad stuff that is in your body with a mild laxative type of effectiveness. This product includes organic Clove, Cascara Sagrada, Agave Inulin, Rhubarb Root Extract, Slippery Elm Bark, Aloe Vera, and other beneficial herbs. Release retails for $48 per bottle.
- Cafe Canna – Cate Canna is a dark roast non-GMO coffee that is infused with their organic cannabinoid that helps give energy and promotes weight-loss. Cafe Canna retails for a box of 30 single-serve sachets at $86.25 per box.
There is an included $387 per month weight management system (Endo30) kit that includes the products:
- Drop FX
- Cafe Canna
So far the reviews and testimonials have been positive around the internet about the products.
New You Video Presentation on the CBD Drops
Just take into consideration that this video is a biased review that is presented by one of the affiliate members of New You.
With that said, there are many testimonials that are all positive that I’ve found.
How Does The New You Compensation Plan Work?
In this section of the review, we are going to take a look at how the New You compensation plan works and how you make money with it.
There are mainly 2 ways to make money with New You which are through retail sales and by referring people that become distributors.
To become “commission qualified” there are steps that you need to do when you get started.
Qualification Steps To Earn Commissions
In order to qualify for the New You compensation plan and earn commissions, you need to have certain things in place.
Here is a breakdown of 3 scenarios that will qualify you to earn commissions: (you only need to complete 1 of them)
- You can purchase 70 PV or more of product each month (autoship) if you DO NOT qualify for Blue Diamond or higher;
- You can purchase 150 PV or more of product each month (autoship) if ranked Blue Diamond or higher;
- or you can have four retail customers on a monthly autoship.
**The PV acronym used above stands for “Personal Volume”. The points (volume) per product are usually listed next to the product on checkout.
New You Ranks and Qualifications
Now that you are officially qualified to earn commissions in New You, now it’s time to learn how to make money with it!
One of the biggest factors in any MLM companies that you will want to pay attention to are the ranks that you can qualify for.
Increasing your rank in any MLM company will mean more money in your pocket.
Each rank will have certain requirements that you must reach in order to qualify for it, so it’s important that you pay attention to those and build your business accordingly.
There are a total of 9 ranks that you can qualify for in the New You compensation plan.
Here is a breakdown of all 9 and the qualifications that you need to reach in order to qualify for them:
- Ruby Rank – To qualify for Ruby, you will need to refer and maintain 2 members or sign up with the Business or the Pro pack.
- Emerald Rank – To qualify for Emerald, you will need to refer and maintain 2 members and accumulate at least $3000 GV a month
- Diamond Rank – To qualify for Diamond, you will need to refer and maintain 3 members and accumulate at least $12,000 GV a month
- Double Diamond Rank – To qualify for Double Diamond, you will need to refer and maintain 4 members and accumulate at least $25,000 GV a month
- Blue Diamond Rank – To qualify for Blue Diamond, you will need to refer and maintain 5 members and accumulate at least $40,000 GV a month
- Royal Blue Diamond Rank – To qualify for Royal Blue, you will need to refer and maintain 6 members and accumulate at least $80,000 GV a month
- Black Diamond Rank – To qualify for Black Diamond, you will need to refer and maintain 7 members and accumulate at least $150,000 GV a month
- Double Black Diamond Rank – To qualify for Double Black Diamond, you will need to refer and maintain 8 members and have 5 unilevel legs with at least 1 Black Diamond in each of them. (the Black Diamond ranked members can be personally sponsored by you)
- Royal Black Diamond Rank – To qualify for Royal Black Diamond, you will need to refer and maintain 9 members and have 6 unilevel legs with at least 1 Black Diamond in each (the Black Diamond ranked members can be personally sponsored by you)
**The GV acronym used above stands for “Group Volume”. Group volume is the accumulation of every member in your entire unilevel downline structure.
**You can’t have more than 60% of the qualifying volume coming from any 1 unilevel leg.
**Fast Track Your Rank!
These are purchases that you can make that will automatically qualify for rank for a certain period of time in the company.
This is a nice option for those that know that they are going to get to work fast and move up in the company.
There are 2 fast track ranks that you can buy yourself into which are:
- Diamond Rank – You can qualify for this rank by simply purchasing the Business Pack at $500. This will qualify you for this rank for 90 days.
- Double Diamond Rank – You can qualify for this rank by simply purchasing the Pro Pack at $1,000. This will qualify you for this rank for 180 days.
Unilevel Compensation Plan Breakdown
I wanted to quickly breakdown how the unilevel compensation plan works for those that are unfamiliar so that those people can understand some of the requirements needed and mean, and also when we get to the residual compensation plan section, it will make more sense.
Here is how it works:
- 1st Level – The first level of your unilevel compensation plan will only have your personally enrolled members on it.
- 2nd Level – The second level of your unilevel compensation plan will only have team members that your level 1 members personally sponsored on it.
- 3rd Level – The third level of your unilevel compensation plan will only have team members that your level 2 members personally sponsored on it.
- and so on…
- Some unilevel compensation plans have generational matching bonus commissions that are based on ranked members that land in any one leg.
- Each personally sponsored member that you refer is considered 1 of your legs. (if you only sponsor 2 people but have 1000’s of members downline, you still only have 2 legs)
Retail Commissions Breakdown
On every retail sale that you sell to customers from the New You product line, you will earn a 10% commission.
Sponsoring Commissions (fast start)
Sponsoring Commissions that New You offer are sometimes called the “fast start” commissions that are paid out the following week and usually have a higher percentage that you can earn per sale made.
New You will pay you a percentage on the sale made from your personally sponsored members pack purchases.
Here is a breakdown of what you will earn when you make those sales:
- Essential Pack – When you personally sponsor a member that purchases the Essential Pack you will earn $20 for each one sold.
- Business Pack – When you personally sponsor a member that purchases the Business Pack you will earn $100 for each one sold.
- Pro Pack – When you personally sponsor a member that purchases the Pro Pack you will earn $200 for each one sold.
These are extra commissions that you will earn from your members that are on autoship.
New You pays out 10% from all of your personally referred members that are on autoship.
**You must also be on autoship to qualify for these commissions.
Residual Commissions Breakdown (unilevel)
Here is the part of the compensation plan that most people flock to because of the residual or recurring commissions that you can earn from personally sponsored members and also from downline members in any MLM compensation plan.
The way that New You pays out their residual commissions is by utilizing the unilevel compensation plan structure that was explained above.
The company offers a total of 9 levels that you can earn from.
The higher the rank that you qualify for will mean the more levels that you can earn from.
Here is a breakdown of what that looks like:
- Rubies – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 only.
- Emeralds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on level 2.
- Diamonds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 and 3.
- Double Diamonds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 4.
- Blue Diamonds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 5.
- Royal Blue Diamonds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 6.
- Black Diamonds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 7.
- Double Black Diamonds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 8.
- Royal Black Diamonds – When you qualify for this rank you will be able to earn 10% on level 1 and 5% on levels 2 to 9.
Team Bonus Volume Commission Bonus
The last part of the money that you can make with New You is the Team Bonus Commissions bonus.
All affiliate members for the company has the chance to qualify for this $100 “Elite Group Bonus”.
You will need to generate at least $3,000 in newly sponsored members that purchase the product packs within your first 30 days of joining New You.
If you do not hit that qualification in your first 30 days you can still qualify for it after your first 30 days.
You can still earn a $400 Power Team Bonus by accumulating $3,000 in a single month.
**You can do this 4 times per week!
If you are a qualified Blue Diamond or higher, you will be able to do this 8 times per week!
**No more than 45% of the GV can come from any of your unilevel compensation plan legs.
That is all there is to the “New You” compensation plan structure details we have and how you make money with it, let’s continue.
My New You Q and A Section
In this section of the review, we are going to answer some of the questions that people may have when thinking about joining the New You opportunity.
Is New You BBB Accredited?
Because there are SO MANY companies in different industries that use the “New You” company name, we are still trying to locate it if they are even listed at this time.
I don’t believe that NEWYOU, LLC are listed at this time since they are a fairly new company, so if and when I can find that information, I will update this information.
What’s The Cost To Join New You?
To get started as an affiliate member and earn commissions will cost $39.95 per year.
You can also purchase one of the product packages that will give you a bulk discount on the product purchase and additional benefits that are listed above.
Here is a breakdown of those product pack costs:
- Essential Pack – This product pack will cost $100 and come with an assortment of products.
- Business Pack – This product pack will cost $500 and come with more of an assortment of products.
- Pro Pack – This product pack will cost $1000 and come with the most of an assortment of products.
Now, let’s answer what many of you are here to learn which is…
Is New You A Scam or Legitimate CBD Opportunity?
No, obviously it is not a scam.
Here are some of the reasons why New You is not a scam:
- Great leadership is transparent and have a good track record.
- Great retail products.
- Very good and fair compensation plan.
They simply offer every aspect to their business model that makes it a legitimate MLM company that I can see being around for a long time.
**At the beginning of 2019 or last month of 2018, CBD has become legal, so the shipping and receiving of the product inside of the US and many other countries is totally legit.
My Final New You CBD Review and Thoughts
In the final section of the review, we are going to share out final thoughts about the New You opportunity as a whole.
We have taken the time to review the details about the company, the products that they offer, and how the compensation plan works.
We have also shared our thoughts about why we felt that the New You company is a legitimate opportunity that we feel is a long-term opportunity.
At this point, you should have a clear understanding of what it is, how it works, how you can make money with it, and if it is right for you.
What are your thoughts about it at this point?
But here is the question…
Do we recommend the New You opportunity?
Yes, we do recommend the New You opportunity as a legitimate long-term MLM opportunity that you can make money with.
Is there an easier way to earn money online?
We would say yes and you can learn more by checking out the links on this page.
With that said, we hope you enjoyed our New You review.
Before you leave, make sure to click on the social share buttons on this page and share it with others so that people can learn exactly what the New You opportunity is really all about.
Welcome to my New You Review. Is it another Scam CBD Program or Legit? This review covers details about the company, the products, and the compensation plan.